Now I will take the opportunity to review the box office hit “Due Date” starring Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis.
Our son was born on November 11, 2010 (on his due date!) at 6:30 p.m. in Austin. He was 7 lbs 14 oz and immediately taken to the NICU due to infection. Hil was only in labor for 6 hours. This kid needed to get out to get medical attention – so he made it happen.
1. Hil’s father went by his middle name and Husbanks goes by his middle name. And so will our son. Because I guess it’s a thing.
- Eugene: Hil’s late father’s middle name (he is missed today more than any day)
- Ridley: Husbanks’ father’s middle name, and a name dating back to the 1806 in Husbanks’ family.
2. Ridley is a fifth-generation Texan (mixed reviews on that one).
3. We observe minor-holiday birthdays in our household:
- Husbanks: Valentine’s Day Birthday
- Hil’s mom went into Labor on Labor Day
- Riddles: Veteran’s Day Birthday
4. He has really long fingers. Musician?
Thanks for all the prayers, thoughts, and support. Other than the ETA, nothing is going according to plan … but that keeps you on your toes. A wise pastor taught once taught us that “all will be well” so I am sticking to that philosophy. I will post pictures when you can see his face – it’s covered with all sorts of stuff right now.