This weekend, my aunt and cousins hosted a shower for us in Oklahoma City. Blair and Andria carpooled with us up to Oklahoma to visit Blair’s family and come to the shower.
The shower served baby food: Baby Back Ribs, Baby Roasted Potatoes, Baby Carrots, Baby Spinach and Baby Cakes.
At the shower, we had “Baby Talk,” where people guessed if BabyBanks was a boy or girl, guessed the weight, guessed where the baby will attend university, and gave us name suggestions. Here are the highlights:
- Blair and Andria went for “Phillip Ernie” or “Tiger Woods” for BabyBoyBanks’ first and middle names. A golfer for sure.
- Katie voted by mail and was pretty sure that our babies will either be best friends or end up in an arranged marriage.
- Husbanks’ parents voted “Gene Ryan,” and Husbanks’ youngest nephew voted for “What? Oh. Marchbanks” (He is two years old).
- A creative entry from my aunt named the baby after both her and my mother.
- My mother named BabyGirlBanks “Coco Marie.” Still don’t know where that came from, mom.
- My cousin Paul and wife Jen said that BabyBoyBanks would go to Butler on a full ride because the school would be fooled into thinking BabyBoyBanks was the coaches son.