I’m headed to Louisville this week to spend some much-needed time with Ellie (belated birthday trip) and to meet Colin for the first time (technically also a belated birthday trip). Jill, Steph, and Ellie all got to hang out this weekend with li’l boys Colin and Ethan and I am jealous!
Sidenote: This has nothing to do with Colin. I can’t wait to be cold. Ryan and I just returned from 75 degree weather in the Rio Grande Valley, and it’s supposed to be like 50 degrees today. Gimme some winter, Louisville!
Here is the list of things I can’t wait to do when I meet Colin:
1. Hold him. I have no idea what it feels like to hold Colin. How heavy is he? How squirmy is he? What does his hair smell like? I can’t wait to find out!
2. Learn how to give a baby a bath. I have never bathed a baby. Ellie, will you teach me? I feel inadequate.
3. Learn how to change a diaper. I have only changed a diaper a few times in my life. Will you remind me, Ellie? I’ve offered to babysit twin babies for a couple at my church and I realize how unqualified I am for that job.
4. Try baby food. No really – what is this “Chicken Dinner?” Let me try it, Colin, and I’ll tell you how it compares to the real deal.
5. Make a mobile of Will’s face. Will has been in Vancouver for several weeks. I want to make Colin a mobile of his pictures like Ross did on Friends.
6. Pick Colin out of a line up. Before I am tasked with any of the above challenges, I am going to pick Colin out from all the babies at daycare. Have my studies of Colin pictures and video footage prepared me? We will see during the final test.