Last night, our neighbor hosted a block party. It is amazing how many neighbors you don’t meet because you have a garage. You can just go from your car to your house and you don’t have to talk to anyone. Here are the things I learned about my street:
1. Our street is musical. Drummers, singers and pianists abound. The block party host is a pianist at the 6th Street Pete’s Piano Bar. He wheeled his piano out for requests.
2. Our street is dog-friendly. Puppies were welcome to par-tay.
3. Our street has only one thing more than puppies: children. Lots of tots.
4. Our street is smart. Engineers and physicists aplenty. Two of them research sonar. All of them play Ultimate Frisbee. None of them think I am funny.
5. Our street is friendly. I should … get out of my garage more often.