1. I work at Texas Instruments.
2. Much like Weslie, I was underwhelmed. Driving through traffic on I-35 was not worth seeing the few dozen people who showed up to the reunion.
3. The night before your reunion, there will be an informal gathering at a local bar. GO TO THAT. 150 people attended the renegade reunion, and it turns out I missed it. There was even a girl fight!
4. There are people who have not graduated from catty high-school gossip.
5. Small talk is harder now. I often opened with questions about where someone lived or what they did. I was halted with this response: “You didn’t know that? It’s on my facebook.” Study before you attend your reunion, folks. Everyone had already looked at my page and knew about my career here at Texas Instruments.
6. Despite the disappointments and surprises listed above, it was nice to catch up with people I hadn’t seen in a while.