This weekend, Ryan participated in the “Great Austin to Shiner Pedal” – a bike ride benefiting the Lance Armstrong Foundation and celebrating delicious beer. On Saturday, Ryan “I only mountain bike” rode (on streets) from Austin, Texas to the Shiner brewery in Shiner, Texas. 90 miles! There are many people who made this possible:
1. Christine and Dave for signing Ryan up in the first place
2. Mike and Amanda for watching Hollis and for giving Ryan advice on how to survive a bike race
3. Kevin for letting Ryan borrow George Hincapie‘s US Postal Service bike. Kevin, employed at Lance’s sports agency, got the bike through his job. The bike is so nice and light!
4. The ladies with me at the spiritual retreat I attended this weekend – I had everyone praying for Ryan’s strength and safety!
5. And of course – Ryan! I am very proud of you for finishing this race after two weeks of training. Congrats!