This weekend, I had the pleasure of spending some time with my college roommates. We try to plan a “Roommate Reunion Weekend” once a year, but it didn’t happen in ’07. So, on Sunday we held the “Roommate Reunion Make-up Summit” at a Starbucks in Dallas off Loop 635 and Webb Chapel. We only had time for coffee – an hour is so short! It was more like “Roommate Reunion Speed Dating.” But it was still a delight.
It’s crazy to think that we met nine years ago, lived together all of college and still remain buddies. We lived through:
- first dates
- secret boyfriends (looking at you Gin)
- bad grades
- good grades
- different hair cuts (and colors!)
- college parties
- little brother and sister birthday parties
- borderline-illegal stalking maneuvers of our sexy neighbor in 14E (Husbanks)
- working out
- engagement rings
- all other things a group of girls can encounter while attending a southern Baptist college in the heart of Texas.
Now we are there for each other through all the decisions that come with careers, marriage, tragedies, babies and all other things “adult.”
I love you girls!